Sunday, September 28, 2014

Why Can't We Just All Get Along

I have been having writers block lately.  I have been wanting to post something but I just couldn't find the words.  But not today.  I want to share a few things.

But first a few definitions from the Merriam-Webster Dictionary online....

  • tolerance - willingness to accept feelings, habits, or beliefs that are different from your own.
  • acceptance - the act of accepting something or someone
  • understanding - a willingness to understand people's behavior and forgive them
  • coexist - to exist together or at the same time; to live in peace with each other.

Those four words are powerful words.  But too many people have forgotten them.  Our society has this "us against them" mentality.   I don't know if it's because of social media and how some people feel the need to air out their dirty laundry but it seems that people are constantly ranting about how they have been wronged or not liking someone because they don't have the same belief system as they do.  I am just sick of it!

I have become quite outspoken lately in some of the groups I belong to.  I have even gone so far as leaving one because the owner of the group speaks of acceptance but doesn't truly accept everyone.  

We can learn so much each other.   I was raised a baptist.  Better yet a southern baptist.  My family are still christian and they are very strong in their beliefs.   I still like listening my mom talk about what her preacher said.  Her pastor is a wonderful man and has shown so much tolerance towards things that most baptist preachers frown on.  I also have a few Muslim friends.  I have been talking to them lately about everything that is going on.  They don't feel the same as the radical ones.    And Pagans, oh my gosh, what can I say about Pagans.  Talk about a hodge podge of belief systems.  I have learned so much from many that don't follow the Wiccan path.  

I want to leave you with another word and it is...

RESPECT - a feeling or understanding that someone or something is important, serious, etc., and should be treated in an appropriate way

Plain and simple.  Respect everyone's opinions whether you agree or disagree.  

Blessings,

Ana








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I love feedback and getting to know you.