Sunday, July 27, 2014

This Little Thing Called Love

When I was married, I lost who I was.  I was one of those wives that settled in and only did the things my husband wanted.  So when my marriage fell apart, I had to find myself.  It has taken me a long time to get where I am now.  I love the person I have become and the person I am working on being. 

The guy I have been dating for a few months now is a wonderful man.  We enjoy spending time together except I don't have feelings for him.  We are at that point in our relationship that I feel like I should have feelings for him.  I also feel that he is trying to mold me into someone I am not. 

I was telling someone about it  and telling them that I think it is time for me to move on.  That it isn't fair to him.  My friend told me that I just need to learn to love him.  Learn to love him?  I feel like that means I am settling.  I don't want to settle. 

When did relationships become about learning to be in love with them?  That if they treat you good, you should stay with them even if there are no feelings for them.

I know that relationships are not all about passion and fireworks.  But shouldn't you have feelings for them.  I am so worried this guy is going to tell me he loves me and I don't want to lie.  I know what it feels like when you love someone and they don't have those feelings for you.

I fell head over heels in love with someone a few years ago.  I loved how that felt and I loved the person I was when I was with him.  He broke my heart but it gave me a taste of what I wanted.  I still want that. 

I have a lot to think about.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I love feedback and getting to know you.